Monday, July 23, 2012


Dalit principal attacked inside chamber

TNN Jul 22, 2012, 02.19AM IST
MADURAI: A dalit principal at a government college in Sivaganga was allegedly attacked inside his chamber.
Even though the accused claimed he attacked the principal as he denied his ward a seat in the institution, the principal said some professors whom he asked to report for duty on time were behind the incident. On June 6, Jagannathan, then heading the physics department of Mannar Duraisingam Government Arts College, Sivaganga, was made acting principal. Talking to TOI, he said he was being targeted by non-dalit professors. "Some of the disciplinary actions introduced by me, according to them, were unacceptable. Some professors were regularly coming late. Even though I raised this issue in meetings, they didn't listen to me. They were angry with me due to this. On July 13, an outsider walked into my room and attacked me with a knife. When I fell down, he attacked me on my left leg. Some attenders soon came to my rescue," said Jagannathan. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

For the comment section there will be no responsibility of Dalit Jagran. It is expected from users to have polite & soft discussion on this blog.